We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Trials are a gift.

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was another busy one. But it was more exchanges than
lessons. And man I've learned a lot in this transfer. I have really
learned how The Lord blesses you with trials. I've learned that we
must be given burdens or we cannot enter the Celestial Kingdom.

I challenge all who read this, to be grateful for the trials you are
given, and thank him for every one.

I have changed my prayers, I also testify that he answers all prayers.
I know that is true, but mine have changed, I now am grateful for
my trials. If he were to not give us trials, we would not be able to enter
his kingdom, or receive the glory we are destined for.

32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God;
yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their
labors.
Alma 34:32

If we don't work, or labor, get to know our bodies, practice resisting
sin, over coming evil and adversity, why should we be any different when
it is time for judgement and Ressurrection. If we don't know how to
resist the natural man here on earth, why on earth ( or in heaven )
would he give us new, perfect, celestial glorified all powerful
bodies. So I'm grateful for this time to prepare. And I'm grateful for
every trial.

This week Ciera was baptized:) holy cow. 

Ahh ha Elder Booth and I were freaking out! We held it on
Tuesday night for mutual, and it
was a really relaxed night. I was feeling anxioius and I
made the agenda wrong, our ward mission leader was out of town. Our
assistant ward mission leader was out of town. It was scary. But! Of
course, another trial to be grateful for! So I said a prayer... Or 12
and just hoped it would be a special day for Ciera. She has no family
support or anything, and we just wanted it to be special for her. Well
the YW president showed up, with A TON OF TREATS and a towel with this
poem on it and she bore her testimony to ciera in the middle of the
service. And it changed everything. So that strengthened me. That The
Lord knows, and will make sure EVERYONES needs are met. And the whole
night changed. The kids got quiet, they even bore their testimony to
ciera. They told her how proud of her they were! And DAREN baptized
her? Daren just received the priesthood last SUNDAY! So it was an
incredible day.


Ciera with all the Elders


Ciera w Daren ( who baptized her) and her missionaries!

On top of that The Mortenson family came to church! And bro Mortenson
stayed for preisthood hour and stood and declared he is chsnging his
life and getting back into it. We have been praying so hard for them.
And he is really becoming a preisthood man! I was humbled this week.

I am so grateful for the blessings we receive. I know that all our
losses will be made up in the end. I also know that when we get to the
end, the losses, won't even be loses anymore, they'll be gifts, and
yet God will still grant us those blessings. I know this is the Gospel
of Jesus Christ. In the fullness. And I am humbled. I pray that I can
make a difference in someone's life. I love being a missionary. And
pray it's never over for me.

Please join me in the service of our God, who's done everything for us.

Be not afraid;only believe

-------------------------
Elder Stephen Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment