We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Transfer time!

On Monday this is the email I received from Elder Nelson.  So, it's Thursday!  I am waiting to see a picture of him with his new companion via the Tampa Florida Mission Facebook page!  


Mom,

SO! I will try to give as much info as I can, but I only have a little bit of time before the exiting missionaries get out of their meeting and we drive them over to the mission home for dinner. 

Sadly, it will be the last time I will be doing it! 

I'm being transferred!! pretty wild! But I feel good about it. Being an Assistant to the President was such a unique experience! I can't believe the Lord allowed me to be here at all. Not many get to, and he gave me an opportunity. I can't explain how grateful I am.

 I feel a renewed sense of urgency. I am excited to jump back into a full proslyting area. Unfortunately as an AP you don't get to do as much. You are not a traditional missionary. I am excited to go back. To be the same as others, to lift encourage and inspire and bless others. and teach. Being a missionary is truly about the souls. God's work and Glory is the people. Not the stats, and I feel I will be able to focus more on that now. 

( no one else in the mission knows this yet so don't go posting it everywhere until Thursday
i will be going to Sarasota Zone, I will be serving as a Zone Leader there with Elder Spach, another one of my good friends here. Sarasota is a bout an hour and a half south of tampa. I will be in a YSA ward! 

Im sorry I got to go! love you!

New Address:  4081 Taggart Way N #201  Sarasota, FL 34233

Here are a couple of pictures I received this week too!



Not sure who sent him a package, but I have a hunch:)


Jia and Jackie made Elder Nelson the Christmas cookies that 
I make every year at Christmas.  Jackie messaged me and asked for 
a special cookie recipe for him.  So cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment