We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Well family and friends another week in Sunny Florida, I love it.
Elder Spach and I are really trying to leave a legacy here in the
Sarasota Zone! We are working on using time effectively, being
proactive, being bold and making sure we have done all we can to help
these missionaries get the most out of our missions. We have
missionaries going home who are not changed, they return and go
back... This life is so much bigger than that. So we are trying to
give all we can and do all we can.

Along with that our members are really stepping up their game! We had
the Stake Presidnt in Elders Quorum! He called a new Elders Quorum President who
I honestly love, he is 20 year old. Graduated my same year and has a
fire to do some work! President Clover ( the stake president ) told
everyone to give us more referrals and to double the Elders Quorum!
And he asked us if we were teaching enough lessons and of course we
said no!

We got a new Branch Mission Leader, he served his mission in St,
George Utah and just returned a few months ago. He is a great guy and
will help us out a lot. One of his two assistants is preparing for a
mission and the other is a fired up recent convert of 8 months. It
couldn't be better! We're creating relationships in the branch and it's
looking very positive.

So the picture is sent of me in a baptismal suit? I was on an exchange
and these Elders were on full bike. And we had to meet Elder Spach
about 30 mins away. So we left and of course it hasn't rained all day
until we were outside. So we rode in the sandy muddy streets and I was
soaked and muddy and dirty. And those of you who understand mission
cars know we CANT GET
THEM DIRTY!!! So we tried to figure out what we could do. So I had to
put on a baptismal suit to drive home...

That was a fun memory. As for the feet in the water. I have learned
that if I want to make the most of y mission, I need to fuel up in the
morning and receive as much revelation as I  can. Well, I can only do
that if I have excellent studies and if I'm fully awake and aware.
We've been having great workouts but I guess I didn't go hard enough
so I was tired of not being awake! So I filled the bowl with ice and
water and stuck my feet in it! I was definitely awake after that! It
honestly felt great. And my studies were awesome.

On Thursday we had two district meetings, as zone leaders we visit both
to train and to make sure we are on the same page. We drove all the
way out to Sebring and Wauchula which is a 2 Hour drive. We sometimes
call ourselves Sarasota office Elders ( office elders usually drive
around all day...) but it's fun! One of the district leaders is my MTC
companion elder Whaley. He is literally the most obedient dedicated
servant ever. I'm so grateful for these hardworking missionaries,
especially Elder Spach. I don't think I've ever been so happy! This is
true happiness.

We have a baptismal goal of 10 and we are going to reach it. In 2014
the FTM had a historic high for baptisms, of 551 baptisms vs, 418, 450
etc. it is remarkable. Some we will celebrate! For a about 10 seconds.

President Cusick is passionate about missionaries changing and going
home but not going back! And he has asked us to step up our game so we
are! Elder Spach and I are committed to making sure everyone is
converted to the mission. To leaving their nets! Completely! If we go
home and go back then this all was for nothing! So, we are going to do
all we can!

Please read PMG, please read the scriptures, please read the words of the
prophets. Act! There is so much joy to be felt and obtained if we just
get to work. I feel as Elder Holland did from his mission. I would not
know how to serve the lord or how he deserved to be served. Not only
that, but how much of a gift this life is. I love my mission. I love
this time. I love these people. I love this church. It's true. There
is no other way we obtain true happiness, other than these principles
and ordinances in the church of Jesus Christ, I know Jesus is the Son
of the living God. I will never stop!

Pray that Ray and Monica agree to be baptized soon! They are both
converted and so close!

Be not Afriad;only believe

-------------------------
Elder Stephen Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment