We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dominique is numbered among the Church of God

Dear Family and Friends:


This was a fantastic week! There were so many miracles! I wish I could
explain them all but I will name three. Overall member missionary work
is the best way to do it! I promise! But it must come from the
members!!

Dominque: she was baptized on Saturday! The Tampa First Ward is the
best, led under the direction of Bishop Addison. Things just run so
well! He is such a good bishop because he goes exactly by book. He
treats the missionaries like kings! He told us, it's not that
difficult, you guys are called to teach, we do the rest. I'm blown
away, I've never learned so much from someone's example. Sis. Ball
hosted Dominique for a lesson this week and we found out they had
their first child at the same age, and she is the same age as Sis.
Balls daughter. And she joined the church as a single mom. So sister
balls testimony of how the church blessed her life was very applicable
to her.


Dominique has two little girls she is raising. She has a solid testimony of
what is truth.
I think she will grow a lot. But she was ready. She has shown real
faith! Bishop said the Ward is going to love and fellowship her as
hard as they can! It was a miracle. I had the great opportunity to
confirm her. I felt the intensity of Heavenly Father counsel to her to
keep the commandments and stay strong! It was awesome.


During testimony meeting at the  Tampa 1 building I was overcome. The
spirit was so strong, all these people got up and testified that they
know God lives. I felt it burn in my heart that it is true! I loved
it, I had tears in my eyes the whole time, because of the burning
truth I felt. No one has seen him or heard him, and yet we
know. It is truth. I was so grateful for that. Never underestimate the
power of a simple testimony. Declaring what you know to be true. Elder
Holland teaches us, that in a fast and testimony meeting, we are not
to give a travel log of what we've been doing, or vent over the
pulpit, we are to state what we know to be true. And maybe how we know
it.

Chelsea Spampianato, is our new friend! Jacqui Shelton, "Member
Missionary MVP" has introduced us to so many people! And Chelsea is a
new one. She came to church in Palm harbor and I met her there and
invited her to learn more about the restored gospel. She agreed. We
taught and explained to her what we did, and she agreed to learn. She
shared with us that her mother past away. And we were able to testify
of the plan of salvation to her. About the truths restored through
Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. She lit up when we talked about
seeing her mom again. I could feel the spirit so strong. By the end of
the lesson she could recognize the Holy Ghost it was awesome. She said
it was very exciting finding out truth. She really wanted to know it.
She wanted a Book of Mormon too! It was amazing. She agreed to take
the lessons and to find out, and be baptized. For some reason I want
her to find out so bad. I have a sincere love for her. I can't wait.
Jacqui bore a profound testimony about being with families forever. We
all felt something beyond our own power. We invited her to read the
restoration pamphlet and she accepted.

We left the Restoration Pamphlet with her and she committed to read
it. On our way over we were thinking what if she didn't read it? We
were still going to teach her? Or show her how important the
commitments were by asking to reschedule until she had read the
pamphlet? Well... We asked her if she had read it, and she said yes. I
can't even tell you the joy. The joy, that filled my heart!! Because
that meant she wanted to learn! She wants the truth! Well, she
committed to continue. She said it would be difficult to go back to
Zimbabwe because her family is split 7th day Adventist and Roman
Catholic, but she said she could do it. She said she is tough. I have
so much faith in her. She can do it!!! I have such a sincere love for
her. I pray she can experience joy in this life from being a part of
Zion!

She leaves on Wednesday but wants to be baptized in February. Can you
believe that? It's a miracle!!!

And to top it off. We taught 5 people from China! It was fun to see
their personalities and different levels of desire to know and learn.
They just walked in off the street one day. Yao Ming, Zhang, Shang,
Liu,  Wang. I felt the spirit so strong. Jia felt it especially when
they prayed. Jia taught most of the lesson in Chinese. I want them to
learn so badly.

There were many other highlights like we went to a USF basketball game
with Jia, her first basketball game, and we met another referral there
and set up a time to teach her, we had an incredible planning session
with two sisters who extended their mission to tour the mission and
teach everyone how to weekly plan. I developed a deeper relationship
with the Lord! Instead of us deciding what they need, the Lord tells
us.

And last but not least, we can listen to Christmas music! We have the
Beach Christmas zone conference the next two days so I'm just very
excited! That's just a little bit of what's been happening.

I have come home every day and just sat back and put my hands up and
ask how can I be so blessed? In my prayers in the morning, I can't
help but thank him in detail. I am so lucky, so lucky! Often times I
am overwhelmed with all that I've been given. He is such a loving
Father.

I love My father in heaven. I really do know he lives. I know him. Personally.

Be not afraid only believe.

Elder Nelson



I love this face!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment