We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Miracles

Dear Family and Friends,


I've never been so grateful in my life. This mission is the greatest
experience ever. It doesn't matter what happens, it doesn't matter if
we are treated poorly, or rejected, or have to endure great trials or
small persistent ones. The message and truth of salvation makes it all
worth it. I'm so grateful to be a member of the true Church of Jesus
Christ.

I know that this is the most important work, and I see it every day.
I'm so humbled to be here. I am so lucky to have people who care. I
feel overwhelmed with all he blessings I've been given.

We had an awesome baptism yesterday! For Kayla Cancel, she is so
strong. All alone down at the University of Tampa, investigated for a
year and came here. Somehow we found her and she is still going
strong! We had her baptism and for some reason almost everything went
wrong haha. We had to make a lot of changes to the program, and had to
run home to grab stuff and it was just crazy. Along with that Kayla
had been struggling with friends and bad influences. It was just so
hard to get her baptized, but she did it. She's a huge example to me.
I know her life will be blessed because of her faith.

Elder Nelson and Kayla Cancel


We had transfer week last week. Got to train up all the new
missionaries and send em off. Each time I go and pick them up I relive
my beginning and it has flown by so fast.


There are so many missionaries working so hard here. Too often we pass
that up. We are caught up with competition and comparison, we forget
this is not about us. It's about the Savior. Let that be your drive.

So family, I am so grateful you haven't forgotten about my challenge.
Don't forget. Please, there is someone who's prayer will be answered
because of you. Someone you need to love.

Jia will be baptized next Sunday. She has been learning for almost 3
months now and she is stronger than me! We have seen her clothes
change. Her countenance change, her scripture reading is off the
charts! She is almost done with Alma! She started in September! She
kept every single comittment that we gave. I am so grateful for this
call. I am so grateful for the Savior. I need Him, and love Him and
just want to be with Him once again. But there are people out there
who don't even know Him. So, members and missionaries, lets get to work.

Be not afraid;only believe
-------------------------
Elder Stephen Nelson

Some additional pictures from this past week

Elder Nelson and Eder Ezeh


Elder Nelson w investigator Dominique and her daughter


Elder Nelson and Dominique's daughter



No comments:

Post a Comment