We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Jia is now numbered among the people of the Church of Christ

Dear Family and Friends:

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.” 


I post this quote for two reasons, 1. to testify of Christ. And I do and always will.  Jesus is the Christ. 2. to explain my purpose.

We really didn't do anything with Jia, except love her enough to invite her to come and see. And boy did she like what she saw!

Jiaxin Zhang was baptized Sunday Nov. 16th. The day after her 18th birthday. She did not believe in God 3 months ago. Or Jesus Christ. She was atheist and her family is Buddhist. She was invited to church by a member who just didn't want to go to church alone. Jia kept every single commitment we gave her, she read the entire Book of Mormon before her baptism. Sunday morning we saw her before her baptism, and she had 3 chapters left. Saturday night she was in Alma. 

She invited all of her friends to her baptism. About 20 of them came. The room was filled with people and she was beaming! It was just perfect. I had the honor of confirming her. She was interviewed by President Cusick and he was so impressed with her that he told his family they had to find a way to go to Jias baptism. She invited him to be in the confirmation circle as well. 




Jackie her member friend was in tears the whole day. How incredible is that? Her friend now believes in God but not only that she believes and knows truth. She bore her testimony in church and told everyone that she loved God, that she will never leave and that she will keep the commandments. 



It was also Jia's birthday and we all made her cards and went out to eat. But I just am beside myself with Joy. How great shall be your joy if just one is converted?

 I pray that someone will catch the fire I feel and go find someone to bring back to the safety of these covenants. 

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I love it. 

-------------------------
-------------------------

Elder Stephen Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment