We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Monday, July 29, 2013

"Do you love me" John 21:16

Dear Family and anyone else with some time to read this ;) This week I want to talk about Love. The miracles that have revealed themselves this week in the Tampa, Florida mission, and especially Tampa One, cannot be overlooked. They are simply "God winks" as one of our investigators says. But they are all driven and earned by LOVE! The savior asked Peter if he loved him and Peter answered three times, saying Lord you know I love you, as we remember Elder Holland talking about in conference. And the Lord said then feed my sheep. If that is what love is, then every single member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is a missionary. You don't have to wear a tag to feed his sheep! You just have to talk with people! They don't even have to been non-members, they can be your mother and father, or brother. But to show your love to the savior we must feed his sheep. This week I have learned that love is expressed by how much you are willing to share with one another! When you are willing to tell someone, "you are an incredible person and have help me so much with my life", that is feeding his lambs! It's that easy, and the more we do it, the more we love him! And at the same time we are showing LOVE TO ONE ANOTHER! I love these people of Florida and I wish I just had the strength to compliment every single one, and talk to them. On Friday, I had been praying for the ability to talk with people, look past all appearances and myself and just open my mouth. As my companion and I stood in line at the post office, a woman came next to me and I allowed her to step in front of me. She responded by saying, "how kind." She then looked at my tag, and I so desperately wanted to just say SOMETHING! and right then she said, you know, I read some things about the mormon church and I thought to myself..... here we go.... but her response surprised me. She said what she read about Joseph smith translating the record, intrigued her and she was wondering what the record was. I said, "well would you like to read it?" and handed her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she was so happy to get it. I was about ready to burst, but as I got her information and we left, I said I silent prayer thanking the Lord for allowing me to show my love her her and Him. Even when we start off with a closed mouth, and simply act lovingly, the Lord will let the spirit testify of the love inside someone else! I invited all of you to SHOW YOUR LOVE! Really show, and when you have TELL you love. And the Lord will be sooo happy. Family, I can't begin to tell you how much I love you. I am sorry I wasn't around every day to tell you how much I love you. but, I love you. You made me who I am. You are all examples of my savior and I love you deeply, and would do anything for you. I love you. Thank you. I cannot wait to hug all of you and tell you how much I love you. Mom, Dad, Bryce, Michael, and Megan. I love you. Be not afraid; only believe LOVE, Elder Nelson Ps. I love you :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment