We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I had the best birthday ever so far

I believe that now that Elder Nelson is a Zone Leader he is finding that his time is very limited.  This letter is a short one this week.  However, I did receive a message and some pictures from a Sister in his ward.  Thank goodness there are good people in these wards who understand how desperately a mother of a missionary loves to hear what they are doing and who they are meeting.  So, here are the pictures she sent to me yesterday.
Her name is Niki Kemple.




The Kemple Family w Elder Peters and Elder Nelson


Dear Family,

So this week was really good... I am so grateful for the support I
have from all of you!!! I got so many birthday wishes and especially
from Tampa one. I literally feel like family!! I love them and miss
them!

 This week... I'll be honest, we did not get to do much... And at
first I was sad... And frustrated... We only taught a few lessons...
But the few lessons we taught! We set a date!! This one man, is so
humble and ready to learn! So many missionaries would kill for that!
Brandon is his name and his date is set for April 12!! We taught him
this morning and he wants to find out from God what his purpose in
life is. And I can't wait for the moment he realizes this is it!!

I'm sorry not much time, and there are many events to tell! But our
ward is beginning to see it. We have a couple members who are soooo
fired up! They carry pass along cards just in case they meet someone!!
They invited 2 of their friends to have dinner with us! And afterwards
the family scheduled another time to have someone else come! There are
some members calling us, asking how they can help!!! It is so cool! I wasn't
seeing the miracles right before my eyes!!


 I had the best birthday
ever so far because I spent it with my best friend. My Heavenly
Father. We talked a lot on Saturday. Elder peters did a lot. But was
sick:/ and I appreciated it so much. And then I had a lot of time to
ponder and pray and wow. I felt his love for me. And reality of the
work!!

There are ways to help... And there are miracles to make!

Be not afraid only believe


Elder Stephen Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment