We welcome all to follow along as Elder Nelson shares with us his experiences as a full time missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These are truly they best 2 years FOR his life!

Monday, October 14, 2013

D & C 82:10

D and C 82:10 - I the Lord am Bound when ye do what I say but when ye do not what I say ye have no promise.... every time I read this scripture, but i read it a couple days ago and it was different. Instead of making me think of all the things that I do wrong, that cause me to lose the Lords promise I thought of all the covenants I am keeping, all the times i have tried and succeeded to do what he said and HE KEPT HIS PROMISE! Teaching about the word of wisdom and the Law of Chastity, and HE KEPT HIS PROMSIE to those we were teaching... and every day when I am obedient he keeps his promise! Being a Mormon is HARD! (being a mormon missionary is pretty hard too ;) but ALWAYS TRYING TO IMPROVE is hard! So many people DONT care to do that! They make excuses for why they dont need to!! but no, we suck it up and say IM going to work on this! that is so hard, and then BOOM!! I get to read sooo many emails about how I am loved. I was almost brought to tears reading the words people were saying to me... and I realized the Lord is fulfilling his promise... D and C 84:88

All these angels bearing me up. You are all angels. The people who I meet here, they are angels to me!! The people who the Lord has prepared and the Lord is keeping his promise, he is hastening his work! and we are TRYING TO GET BETTER and boom... a mother and daughter, fighting through every problem you could think of, decided its time, and Elder Langi and I get to be a part of that... A woman we met at the gas station, decided that she wants to change churches, and has come to church every sunday (that she could) since then!! A woman who works at the gym, who we invited to the baptism said she would love to come and wants to get baptized herself! AND!! As the Ward is using the To The Rescue Program as our prophet has recieved revelation for us to do, A MAN was prepared to come back as Pres. Uchtdorf invited all too, and HIS WIFE was prepared as well!! AND ELDER LANGI AND MYSELF GET TO BE THE INSTRUMENTS! The Lord is BOUND and he LOVES IT! He loves fulfilling his promises!! As we make concious efforts to improve our behavior our thoughts, STAYING HAPPY:)! Refusing the temptations of the adversary we will see MIRACLES! Those conscious improvements are done by faith! Because the Lord asked us and by that faith we will see miracles ( moroni 7:37) i could not be happier. I love it. Do not be discouraged, do not fear! 

If we could see the end so near, we'd surely lose our fear! Press Forward Saints! :) What an exciting time to be a missionary, and EVERY MEMBER a missionary! Pray for miracles and they will come!!

I love this gospel and this work, this place, these people more than anything. I love my Savior more than anything. He is my all. I love him, and he loves me. He loves me for my soul, my true desires. And i hope ONE day my truest desires become my EVERY action. I love you and the Church is true. 

Malo Aupito
Elder Nelson

Be Not Afraid; Only Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment